Search Results For canada
- Canada's Justin Trudeau, US Mike Pence congratulate PM Modi
New Delhi: Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and US Vice President Mike Pence have extended their best wishes to Prime Minister Narendra Modi aft
- Transport Canada to conduct safety review of Boeing 737 Max before allowing jet to fly again in Canadian skies
Transport Canada is conducting its own review of design changes to the Boeing 737 Max aircraft to ensure that the “safety risks” identified in two
- Camper trailer fire sparks small grass fire near West Kelowna
Several municipal fire departments along with BC Wildfire Service crews were dispatched to an area on Bear Creek Main Road around 9 p.m. on Thursday.
- Canada should improve protections for temporary residents amid visa application surge: advocates
Federal officials say the surge is due in part to an increase in international tourism in Canada — something the federal government has been trying
- B.C. community pushes for no-kill mandate after 3 bears destroyed in as many weeks
This time of year, bear sightings are a daily occurrence. But in recent weeks, they've been followed by the sound of gunshots.
- Preliminary report into fatal Alaska plane crash prompts calls for new safety measures
The crash on May 13 near Ketchikan that killed six people, including a B.C. woman, was one of three fatal plane crashes in the state in eight days.
- Court to rule Friday if B.C. can limit bitumen in key case for Trans Mountain pipeline
The B.C. Court of Appeal heard from both sides of the debate during a five-day hearing in March, and is set to issue its decision Friday.
- Data suggests Anglophone support for Bill 21 lower than CAQ says: QCGN
The results were collected via a web panel of 1,212 Quebecers, 18 years of age or older, between May 3 and May 7, 2019.
- Maxime Bernier will be live and in studio on Global Okanagan
The People's Party of Canada leader began his tour of the Thompson-Okanagan in Kamloops on Thursday.
- 3 arrested after several violent offences in Punnichy, Sask. area
Several violent incidents led to an increased police presence in a number of communities outside of Regina Wednesday afternoon.
- Montreal AI company announces partnership with WILL.I.AM at C2 conference
The annual Montreal conference on commerce and creativity welcomed Montreal-based AI company Stradigi AI and their new advisor WILL.I.AM to the stage.
- Regina pharmacist suspended after being found guilty of misconduct, incompetence
A Regina pharmacist has been found guilty of professional misconduct and incompetence.
- Challenges for Calgary Stampede expected as BMO Centre expansion design team announced
The City of Calgary has hired three architectural firms to design the $500M BMO Centre expansion project, which is expected to be complete by 2024.
- Regina family selected for free home renovation after MS diagnosis
A family in Regina received the surprise of a lifetime after desperately searching for ways to make their home more accessible after a heartbreaking d
- City of Regina considering changes following construction-related complaints
The City of Regina is investing close to $84 million in several construction projects around the Queen City including work on Victoria Avenue, Albert
- B.C. wildlife dine and dash: Bear surprises homeowner, scarfs down food, then leaves
A Peachland homeowner says finding a bear in her home was scary, but she can laugh about it now.
- Class-action lawsuit against Atco over 2016 Fort McMurray blast going ahead
A class-action lawsuit is going ahead against a natural gas company in connection with an explosion that damaged several homes after the 2016 wildfire
- Former head of Alberta police commission pleads guilty to fraud
An agreed statement of facts presented in court says Rolf Traichel, then the school board’s technology director, approved 203 invoices from a compan
- Nature reserve in N.B. gains a large property that would protect ‘wide-ranging animals’
More than 160 hectares have been entrusted to the Musquash Estuary Nature Reserve by two sisters from Maine.
- Chinese envoy says Canada-China relations have hit ‘rock bottom’
The remarks come at a time of heightened tensions following the December arrest of Chinese telecom executive Meng Wanzhou in Vancouver on an extraditi