Search Results For c rangarajan
- Youth need jobs, training & safety
As per the latest data available, of the 32 projects sanctioned and target allotted to train 53,547 candidates, only 6,977 candidates are under traini
- Former RBI Governor Rangarajan Raises 5 Major Economic Concerns of the Year
Addressing the 101st Annual Conference of the Indian Economic Association at the Vellore Institute of Technology, Former RBI Governor and former Andhr
- Shaktikanta Das Not First Bureaucrat to be RBI Chief, He Must Follow Dharma: Rangarajan
Rangarajan, a former RBI governor, said there is also a need for the Central Statistics Office (CSO) to disclose a few essential details on the recen
- New RBI governor should follow his "dharma" to protect autonomy: Rangarajan
Mumbai: Shaktikanta Das is not the first bureaucrat to be appointed as RBI governor and should follow his "dharma" to protect RBI's auto
- The reason behind Urjit Patel's resignation is not personal: C Rangarajan
Urjit Patel’s decision to quit four days ahead of the RBI board meeting scheduled on December 14 came was out after the close of market hours.
- Full implementation of MSP can stress financial system: Former RBI Governor C Rangarajan
The trade war can get worse. Any steep rise in crude prices can pose severe problems for our balance of payments. The banking system is still under gr
- Banks need to overcome problems fast to lend large credit: Rangarajan
"I think that through recapitalisation and other measures, we really need to ensure that the banking system gets strong enough to be able to begin the
- Growth at 8-9% over 20 years can solve social issues: C Rangarajan
The eminent economist, however, stressed that growth must be combined with the need to take care of the poorer sections of the society.
- DNA Money Edit: Ex-RBI governors oppose loan waivers
It is a political decision but cannot be justified in the longer run
- Farm loan waiver gets thumbs-down from former central bankers
Reddy noted that every political party in India has offered such waiver in some state or the other or at an all- India level.
- A look at India's love-hate relationship with rating agencies over the years
Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government is not the first one that sought a higher rating even when things were not so rosy.
- Inflation may ease by December: C Rangarajan
Rangarajan said he thinks this is the end of the season when prices rise as far as food articles are concerned. There will be a seasonal decline in fo
- Economy May Grow at 6.5% for 2017-18, Says Rangarajan
Former RBI Governor C Rangarajan on Tuesday opined that as the banks are presently loaded with non-performing assets, any signal from the central bank
- Economy may grow at 6.5% for 2017-18, says C Rangarajan
The country's GDP growth rate was pegged at 5.7 per cent for the quarter ended June 30.
- Focus should be on augmenting private investment: Former RBI Governor C Rangarajan
Asked about the steps that govt needs to take, Rangarajan said the problems confronting stalled projects need to be addressed and then these have to b
- Need more economic reforms for social equality: Manmohan Singh
former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh says with the abolition of the Planning Commission, fresh efforts were needed to ensure social and economic equal
- Govt needs to take quick measures to achieve 7% GDP growth: C Rangarajan
Former RBI governor C Rangarajan says the Indian economy needs to ‘pick up very fast’ to be able to maintain a healthy annual GDP growth
- Government needs to take measures to push growth: C Rangarajan
Rangarajan suggested revival of "all viable stalled projects", recapitalisation of banks and removal of impediments in the way of higher corporate inv