Search Results For banking in india
- NPA recoveries via IBC in 2018-19 at Rs 70,000 crore: Crisil
According to the agency, the IBC has shifted the balance of power to the creditor from the borrower.
- Crony capitalists, welcome back. For now
Over the years, crony capitalists who defaulted were loaned more money by bankers to repay their existing loans.
- Banks report better non-performing loan ratio: Fitch
Lower fresh slippages and better recoveries helped reduce absolute non-performing loans across several banks.
- SBI customers can now make ATM withdrawals without debit card
Currently, this service is available at 16500 SBI ATMs. Over the next four months, this service will be available at 60000 ATMs across the country.
- RBI says no data on demonetised 500, 1,000 notes used at petrol pumps
In reply to the Right to Information (RTI) query, the RBI said: "information on (invalidated) notes used for paying utility bills is not available wit
- Housing finance companies may face slowdown in H2 FY19, says Icra
The subdued credit portfolio growth, Icra said, is in contrast to the favourable period witnessed in the second half of the last financial year
- Opinion | A bad loan farce gets another rerun in India
RBI is allowing banks and NBFCs restructuring of MSME loans of up to ₹25 crore that were in default on 1 January, without having to mark them as NPA
- Lower bank lending behind spurt in NBFC credit growth
Increasing demand and a decline in lending costs also aided credit growth, says RBI
- RBI backs higher capital norms, need for prompt corrective action
The central bank said the Indian banking system has a high proportion of nonperforming assets (NPAs) that aren’t provided for in relation to capital
- 2030: A banking odyssey
The state of banks may show us a gloomy picture today, but if tech disruptions continue, a decade would be enough for the new dawn
- PSBs driving negative outlook on Indian banks: Saswata Guha, Fitch Ratings
India’s problem is by and large a home grown one vis-à-vis the regional countries, says Guha
- RBI cedes little in round one, final score remains unsettled
RBI presented a fairly detailed viewpoint that engaged the board for nine hours on four topics.
- The history of the contentious ‘RBI Act Section 7’
No government has so far invoked Section 7 of the RBI in the Reserve Bank of India’s 83-year history
- Banks under RBI PCA show mixed results
Net interest incomes at 11 banks under RBI’s prompt corrective action (PCA) has risen but asset quality has been hit
- The gloves are off in the RBI-Government fight
Finance minister Arun Jaitley has accused RBI of sleeping on the job for its failure to check indiscriminate lending by public sector banks between 20
- How do bank frauds happen? Central Vigilance Commission has the answers
Banks need to invest more in forensic due diligence infrastructure to monitor accounts where they have large exposures, and it needs to be proactive a
- The big challenge of shadow banking in India
The troubles with IL&FS suggest NBFCs could be the next pain point for India’s financial sector, which is already reeling with NPA woes
- Dena Bank board approves merger with Bank of Baroda, Vijaya Bank
The investment bankers , which will carry out the bank merger, will be appointed only after the board meetings of Bank of Baroda and Vijaya Bank takes
- Finance Minister to meet PSU banks chiefs tomorrow; to review financial performance
The meeting is expected to discuss a host of issues, including progress made with regard to reduction in non-performing assets, sources said.
- Govt starts consultation with states for mergers of regional rural banks
Sponsor banks are also preparing road map for the amalgamation of regional rural banks (RRBs)