Search Results For asian currencies
- Rupee gains over 10 paise in early trade
Market participants are cautious ahead of the important global events that are lined up on Wednesday.
- Most Asian currencies make headway on weak US data
Leading gains in the region, the South Korean won strengthened 0.5 per cent to 1,137.3 against the greenback.
- Bulls advance on most Asian currencies as trade talks brew optimism
Long bets on the Chinese yuan, Singapore dollar , Indonesian rupiah and the Thai baht rose substantially.
- Most Asian currencies gain ahead of Fed decision
The Fed is widely expected to hold rates unchanged after recent comments from officials.
- Rupee opens up at 71.10 to dollar, pares gains
Asian currencies were trading lower amid concern the investigation into Huawei for allegedly stealing trade secrets may undermine a recent improvement
- What’s in store for the rupee in the new year?
The Indian rupee had a tough 2018, declining 8.46% to a lifetime low of 74.48 against the US dollar in October. While its fall was triggered by global
- Asian currencies gain on stronger prospects for Fed rate cut
The Chinese yuan, the Singapore dollar and the Taiwan dollar were marginally firmer.
- Most Asian currencies decline as factory activity fizzles
The rupee and the Malaysian ringgit also retreated after softer manufacturing readings.
- Most Asian currencies shaky as growth concerns, US politics dent sentiment
The Singapore dollar and Malaysian ringgit both firmed 0.1 per cent.
- Rupee recovers against dollar as crude oil prices fall further
At 1.21pm, the rupee was trading at 70.07 a dollar, up 0.49% from its Wednesday’s close of 74.22
- Rupee, bond prices extend gains as crude oil falls over 7%
The rupee and bond prices extended gains after crude oil prices slumped to a near 16-month low, and also after another open market operation announced
- Rupee inches higher against dollar ahead of Fed decision
At 9.08am, the rupee was trading at 71.34 a dollar, up 0.30% from its Monday’s close of 71.55. The currency opened at 71.33 a dollar
- Rupee edges lower against US dollar
At 9.08am, the rupee was trading at 71.79 a dollar, down 0.15% from its Thursday’s close of 71.69. The currency opened at 71.75 a dollar
- Bond prices extend gains on slowing inflation
At 9.15am, the 10-year government bond yield fell to 7.386% from its previous close of 7.411%