Telangana: 100 students food poisoned, hospitalised

Hyderabad: A complaint has been filed against Geethanjali Global School, Kompally, by parents for serving unhygienic food to residential students which led to food poisoning and the hospitalisation of around 100 students. The affected children were admitted by school officials at Suraksha Hospital in Kompally. Parents allege that they were not informed about the incident.

Around 250 students who stay on the residential campus of the school were served dinner with chicken on Sunday night, the parents said. Reportedly, after consuming the food,P about 100 children complained of vomiting, severe stomach ache and diarrhoea and were shifted to Surkasha Hospital. Dr Ram Raju, the Duty Medical Officer (DMO) of Suraksha Hospital said, "Some students of Geethanjali Global School have been admitted with complaints of stomach pain, food poisoning and diarrhoea. On Monday around 20 students were brought to our hospital with complaints of food poisoning. Right now I am discharging three kids who are fine.

The parent of a victim on condition of anonymity said, "We are shocked at the behaviour of the school management as they have not informed us even after our kids were admitted in hospital. How will we know about our child's health if the school doesn't inform us. Still many parents are not aware of the incident which is very strange. Kids fell sick after having dinner on Sunday night. Still some kids are in hospital. My kid is fine now''.

Disclaimer : Mytimesnow (MTN) lets you explore worldwide viral news just by analyzing social media trends. Tap read more at source for full news. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply any endorsement of the views expressed within them.