Hubballi: Family of four in a bullock cart electrocuted

Hubballi: Four members of a family and two bulls died on the spot due to electrocution at Thimmapur village of Ramdurg taluk in Belagavi district on Thursday morning.

The incident occurred when the bullock cart in which the family was travelling came in contact with a live electric wire that had fallen on the ground.

The deceased have been identified as Revappa (39), his wife Ratnavva (31), their nine-year-old son Sachin and a cousin.

All of them were traveling to their farm land in a bullock cart from their native hamlet situated near Belagavi-Bagalkot state highway.

Angry villagers who had gathered at the accident site raised slogans against the HESCOM officials for negligence. They also sought adequate compensation and punitive action against the erring staff.

They alleged that the linemen have not visited their village despite repeated pleas to remove the live wire.

Due to wind or rains live wires fall on the ground and electricity board employees don’t promptly remove them or fix the wires, thereby posing a hazard to the public.

Tags : HESCOM Belagavi

Disclaimer : Mytimesnow (MTN) lets you explore worldwide viral news just by analyzing social media trends. Tap read more at source for full news. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply any endorsement of the views expressed within them.